When you get home after work, practice, picking up the kids, or sitting in traffic, the last thing you want to do is slave over the stove to fix dinner. For many people, this turns in to stopping for fast food. Instead of opting for the drive-thru, try an skillet!
Steps to an Easy Skillet Dinner:
1. Oil: Olive, Coconut, Macadamia Nut
2. Protein: Chicken, Beef, Tofu
3. Spices: Garlic, Rosemary, Basil, Ginger
4. Something Green: Broccoli, Asparagus, Brussels Sprouts, Green Peppers
5. A Little Color: Red and Yellow Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Eggplant, Carrots
Chicken & Asparagus Skillet
Start with diced chicken breast. Got some pre-cooked chicken? Even better! Brown or warm up that chicken in a skillet with olive oil. Add some rosemary and garlic for flavor.
Saute chopped asparagus spears in another pan until they turn bright green. Add them to your chicken.
Mix some cherry tomatoes into the skillet and heat until soft. Take the skillet off the heat and sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top. Serve!